On April 3, Heritage Building Systems will celebrate its 30th Anniversary of being a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business. Since 4/3/1986, Heritage has fulfilled all the necessary obligations to receive a rating from the BBB, and our rating is an A+. As you remember from school, that’s something to be pretty proud of!
How Heritage Got its Accreditation
Not just any business can become BBB Accredited. This honor is opened, by invitation only, to businesses that have been in operating for at least one year, who demonstrate good practices, and who affirm that they meet and will continue to abide by the BBB’s accreditation standards:
- Build Trust – Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
- Advertise Honestly – Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
- Tell the Truth – Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.
- Be Transparent – Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.
- Honor Promises – Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
- Be Responsive – Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith.
- Safeguard Privacy – Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information.
- Embody Integrity – Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity.
Embodying these values is the lifeblood of the Heritage brand. Each of our team members lives and breathes the standards listed here, every day, and not just because it’s part of the accreditation process. It’s simply the right thing to do.
It’s why our company has been in business since 1979, it’s why we have delivered more than 40,000 steel building projects around the world, and it’s why more than 50% of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals. We are proud to offer the best service in the steel building industry, and we frequently hear thanks from our customers for our willingness to work with them in every way possible.
How Our Rating is Determined
The BBB’s rating elements are determined by several factors:
- Complaint History
- In the past 36 months, Heritage has sold more than 2,200 buildings. We have received three complaints in that time, and have responded accordingly to each. With so many moving parts involved in the design, manufacturing and delivery of a steel building kit, we understand that at some time, something may go wrong. When that happens, it is our goal to swiftly make any mistake with our customers’ orders right, to the best of our ability.
- Type of Business
- Heritage is a manufacturer of steel building solutions.
- Time in Business
- Heritage has been in business since 1979 – 37 years!
- Transparent Business Practices
- Heritage always strives to provide complete information about the products and services we offer (and what we do not offer), and of our parent corporation, NCI Building Systems.
- Honoring Commitments to the BBB
- Heritage honors all commitments to the BBB that come with membership and accreditation status.
- Licensing and Government Actions
- Heritage is audited annually by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) AC472 Accreditation Program, which is the most comprehensive quality assurance accreditation program of its kind. The IAS Accreditation Program audits the integrity of design engineering and manufacturing processes.
Requiring an AC472-accredited manufacturer provides an extra level of assurance that a building supplier’s engineering/order/design/ fabrication processes all conform to high-quality standards and are evaluated by a respected independent third party.
- Any advertising claims made by Heritage are truthful and accurate, and are in compliance with the BBB Code of Advertising.
Heritage is proud to have earned an A+ rating from the BBB, which means that we score between 97 and 100 Rating Points, based on their scale.
Happy 30th Anniversary to us, and here’s to 30 more. Cheers!